NEXT CAMP 11-13 November 2011- THIS CAMP HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF NUMBERS
11-13 november camp is cancelled
BOOKINGS ARE COMING IN FAST - so if you would like to come, give me a call - 33418059
The LAST ROCK 'N ROLL Dance Weekend: in April 2011 was a MASSIVE SUCCESS!!
See testimonials in "read more"& NEW PICTURES IN PHOTO GALLERY.
We had a great time!
2 NIGHTS ACCOM (ensuite with each chalet style room), 5 MEALS (& morn/aft teas), 3 dance parties, workshop, sports activities at centre - PLUS ME!!!! FOR ONLY $133
There will be a car pool operating so help with a lift or if needing a lift.
SEE UNDER FOR TESTIMONIALS FOR PAST "PERSOS"
A CAR POOL WILL BE ORGANISED. PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR DETAILS AND I WILL POST THIS CAR POOL WHEN TIME GETS CLOSER IF YOU ARE REQUIRING A LIFT OR CAN OFFER A LIFT
At Lake Perseverance - Rock' n roll Dance Weekend parties in 2011:
Invite the family, your friends and dance mates for a good time and a great weekend!
weekends of (2011) 8-10 APRIL AND 11-13 NOVEMBER
- Arrive ONLY after 4.30pm on Friday and depart (after camp clean-up) by 12.30pm on Sunday.
- Costs: Adults - $130.00. Under 16 years - $95.00. (See below for details.)
- If there are any places available 2 weeks PRIOR to the camp date, you may come for just Saturday night - 1 night accommodation + 2 meals + dance parties on Saturday and Sunday - $99.00.
- If you are wishing to come for just workshop, dinner meal, and Saturday night social, you still have to book and pay 2 weeks previous to camp. Cost will be $98
- Visitors are welcome (just turn up) for the dance party ONLY on either Friday($12) or Saturday nights - $15.00 per dance party night or $10.00 for Sunday morning only (9am - 12pm).
- DEPOSIT IS DUE 13 WEEKS before camp due to my having to fulfill guarantees for accommodation, catering and band deposit monies. Full payment is required 6 weeks before the date of the start of the camp.
- A completed registration form must be sent with the payment. You can book your place(s) earlier by email or phone.
The registration form includes a map showing the location of the camp, which is between Esk and Crows Nest. The following instructions will help you get to the camp:
- Turn left at the Esk Shire Council Chambers on the Esk - Hampton Road. Travel 30 km up the hill.
- Turn right at the large brown tourist signs showing Lake Cressbrook, Lake Perseverance, etc.
- Go approximately 500 metres and then turn left.
- Go approximately 1 kilometre and then turn right on to Mt. Jockey Road.
- Follow this for approximately 11 km approx to the camp.
- Each turn is well sign-posted with the camp's old name of "Lake Perseverance Recreation Lodge".
- The actual road address is 854 Perseverance Dam Road, Crows Nest.
What do you get for your money?
- The price includes:
- Accommodation – 10 Cabins, each sleeping 12 people. Each cabin is split in half, can sleep up to 6 people per side(not always full though), with 2 en-suites.
- Friday Dinner to Sunday Breakfast - 5 meals - fully catered for by a professional caterer
- Morning and Afternoon Teas
- Use of the camp's sporting equipment, including tennis, basketball, table tennis, volley ball, or bushwalking by the lake
- Dance parties on Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday morning.
- Saturday afternoon dance workshop
- "Perso olympics"
- Food: all meals are catered for, including morning and afternoon teas. Tea & coffee is provided at all times. Anyone with special needs (or diets), etc, please inform me of this at least 2 weeks before camp. If you are arriving late for a meal or will be missing a meal, please notify me at least ten days before the start of the camp.
- Fridge: the fridge in the washing-up area is provided for the use of refrigerating your drinks and nibblies. And it would be a good idea to mark your goods with a texta pen. Due to Sport and Recreation Queensland(SRQ) policy to support a safe participation environment, alcohol is not allowed.
- Kitchen: No campers are allowed in the kitchen or preparation area (due to requirements for public liability insurance, etc). If preferred, you can bring your own tablecloth and personal crockery items (mug or glass, etc).
- Bedding: Supply your own sheets, blankets, sleeping bag and pillow, and earplugs. It is best to bring an extra blanket to put on top of the vinyl-covered mattress. A cushion has been suggested for the chairs – not that you will be sitting much!!!
- Groups / Instructors: Please email your favourite dances & the song/artist 2 weeks prior, or bring your own music. You can also bring along games, etc – Scrabble, board or card games for socialising on the verandah on Saturday morning / afternoon.
- Smoking: is not permitted inside or outside Government non-residential buildings and will only be permitted in the designated smoking area - the gazebo on the hill.
- Other activities and facilities.
TESTIMONIALS LAKE PERSEVERANCE ROCK 'N ROLL DANCE CAMPS
LAKE PERSO – APRIL 2011
- I enjoyed the weekend, both classes and teaching. I thought you did a good job of keeping it moving when there was such a gap in the experience of the dancers and a lot of them were couples. Full marks to the couples for dancing with everyone. CHERRY GRAHAM
- I would like to congratulate you on a very successful event. It is always a concern as to whether it will all go off well. But from an outsiders point of view, let me assure you, that I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. I hope to make the next camp in November, barring any mishaps. DENISE GRAY
had.We have met some of our best friends through Rock n Roll so it is in the best
- Hi Deb,Thank you for the email and thank you again for the great weekend we
interests of all concern to keep these social events
happening. We did have a wonderful time. The mix of people was great, the accommodations
and food was outstanding. Yes we would love to attend the next one however we
would need to get the mix right before hand – say 80/20 in rock n roll’s
favour.Thank you once again for the invite and we hope to get many more couples to
attend. Cheers, Michael and Stuart (the boys that dance)
- Thanks for another great weekend at Lake Perso, your efforts are really
appreciated. I feel really sorry for all those people who didn't come, they
missed a funtastic weekend !!Pammy
- Hi Deb, Had a wonderful time and definitely will be back for the next one. Dian
- My feedback is all positive. Cheryl & I have been telling everyone we see that it is a great weekend. I have no complaints. the format works for me. Keep up good work All the best and I look forward to many more enjoyable week ends at your camp RegardsJack (push tush)Abbott
29 31 march 2010
- wanted to let you know that Lynne and I had a wonderful weekend. We greatly appreciate the effort you put in to organise everything so that we were well looked after and had plenty of things to do, the crowd that was there were fantastic, hope they all come back in April. Lynne and I are definitely going and we have started rounding up our friends so will be in touch when you are ready for bookings.
Kind Regards, Dian
- Hi Debbie, just wanted to say “A Big Thank You” for all the work you put into ensuring we had a great time last weekend. I hadn’t been to Perso before and it was well worth the trip, everyone was so friendly in such a relaxed atmosphere. The games were a big hit, especially considering there were a few very reluctant participants at first but after some gentle persuasion realized what a bit of fun it was and of course there were those of us that always enjoy bringing out our competitive streak for 5 minutes. Anyway, thanks again and catch you soon. Cheers, Gloria
- Thanks so very much for a FUNTASTIC weekend at Lake Perso. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and had an absolute ball. Again, thanks for a great weekend. Pammy
24-26 april 2009
- A great weekend thanks Debbie - good mix of dancing, socialising, sports, and of course lots of ......eating. You created such a lovely atmosphere where everyone felt included - Well done! I'll look forward to the next weekend in November. Regards Lyn
Thank you for providing a lovely weekend away full of relaxation, fun, dancing (and a lot more!). It certainly was memorable for me. If variety be the spice of life then the Anzac Day Rock n Roll weekend at Lake Perseverance certainly qualified in this regard. If I am around in November I surely will be putting my name down once again.Best Wishes... Gilbert Deem
Thanks for a great weekend already put the dates in my diary for your next camp More friends are coming too.Thank you regards Susan views
If you didn’t go to the Rock n Roll weekend at ‘Perso’ you were not in the right place. What a great weekend we all had, it may have been a smaller crowd than Debbie had hoped for but it was a good crowd. Some of us had never met before but we all laughed and danced together as well as participated in board games, a rock quiz and sporting activities. The late night coffee was really good and for those night owls the charades was something not to be missed. I think we all know each other better and are now able to put names to some of the faces we see around the dance venues.Everyone would have come away with dance moves they hadn’t done before and we even requested some line dances to be taught. I am certainly looking forward to the next Rock n Roll camp Debbie puts on. I’m sure that everyone appreciated the hard work that Debbie put into making the weekend take place, we know it took a lot of photocopying and hard sell. Congratulations and thank you. Merle
It was a great weekend and Gerry has been plugging it like mad as we both now have something to tell about it….just loved the whole weekend….the only complaint I have is that it went far too quickly.If the DVD turns out we should hold a DVD night for all to watch and cringe….hehehe it was a great weekend...many thanks - maggie